Bankruptcy Attorneys in Hartford
Serving Hartford, Glastonbury, Manchester and Surrounding Cities
Are you considering bankruptcy, or are you looking for a suitable alternative that could accomplish the same goals? On the other hand, are you a creditor looking for a way to finally collect what a borrower has failed to repay? At Boatman Law, our Hartford bankruptcy lawyers have decades of experience handling a wide range of debt-related cases.
When you bring your legal or financial matter to our firm, we can sit down with you and assess your situation, develop a plan that will accomplish your goals, and help you execute that plan with maximum efficiency and effectiveness. No matter what situation led you to our law firm, you can trust us to treat you with empathy and respect, guiding you through this challenge with a positive attitude and a commitment to fighting the injustices you’ve experienced.
Providing Premier Bankruptcy Services Since 1988
Because we have decades of experience, no bankruptcy-related matter is too simple or complex for our team. We are trusted by clients and colleagues alike because we have truly seen it all. Turn to Boatman Law for assistance with any of the following:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. In just a few months, you may be able to receive a substantial discharge of your debts. You can also use state or federal exemptions to protect your property from the liquidation process.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. Repay a portion of your debt in 3-5 years, and receive a discharge of your debts once you complete the plan. Chapter 13 is a suitable alternative for those who make too much to qualify for Chapter 7 or would lose valuable assets during the liquidation process.
- Subchapter V Bankruptcy. Qualifying small businesses struggling to stay afloat can use Subchapter V, a new section of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, to reorganize and reduce debt. The process is similar to Chapter 13 but geared toward businesses instead of individuals.
- Creditor Harassment. Many creditors and debt collectors choose to violate borrowers’ rights during the collection process, and this is unacceptable. You may be able to file suit and obtain compensation for any losses you suffered as a result of the harassment.
- Involuntary Bankruptcy. If an individual or business is refusing to pay what they owe you, you may be able to file an involuntary bankruptcy petition on their behalf. This can help you secure the funds to which you are entitled.
For every case we handle, we fully personalize our services. Before implementing any given strategy, we will closely analyze your situation to make sure our plan is a good solution to your unique challenges. We genuinely care for each and every client, which is why we have spent decades honing our skills as bankruptcy attorneys. No matter what challenge you face, let our team assist you. We welcome clients of all backgrounds, so let us listen to your story and help you regain your sense of confidence and hope for the future.
“Super attentive to details. Highly recommended.”- Mark B.
“When it’s time to take on the big boys, or you face a large legal situation, I highly recommend Boatman Law, and Pat and Erin. They are top-notch professionals.”- Paul T.
“Jenna helped ease me thru the process of Chapter 7. She was there for every question and concern I had and put my mind at ease.”- Tammy C.
Wide Range of Legal Services Available
Over 30 Years Established as a Firm
Free Initial Consultations
Spanish Services Available
For over 30 years, the attorneys at Boatman Law have been fighting to protect the rights of the people in our community. Learn more about our background as a firm and our mission.About Us
Our results speak for themselves. Take a look at our notable cases and the awards and settlements we have achieved for clients in the past.View All
Regardless of the issue you're facing, our attorneys are prepared to walk through your legal matter with you and determine an appropriate course of action.Get Started